BUG #18553: Please seriously address the severe issue of database installation failures on Windows 10.

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pinsaxy(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #18553: Please seriously address the severe issue of database installation failures on Windows 10.
Date: 2024-07-26 06:20:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 18553
Logged by: Yan Chen
Email address: pinsaxy(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 16.3
Operating system: Windows 10

The first step for customers using PostgreSQL is installation. However, due
to potential user permission issues with PostgreSQL, the installation always
fails at the database creation step. During the installation process, a
dialog box pops up saying: Problem running post-install step, Installation
may not complete correctly. Failed to start the database server. After
installation, the data directory is empty.

I believe that a dedicated software company should not ignore installation
issues. I am extremely angry about this and have registered an account
specifically to express my dissatisfaction with you!