Re: BUG #18553: Please seriously address the severe issue of database installation failures on Windows 10.

From: Zaid Shabbir <zaidshabbir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pinsaxy(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18553: Please seriously address the severe issue of database installation failures on Windows 10.
Date: 2024-07-26 14:32:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

You observed some installation issues with the PostgreSQL Windows
installers, which utilize Bitrock installation technology. Several factors
could contribute to these problems, including:

1. *System Update Status*: Ensure your system is fully up to date.
2. *Permissions*: Verify that you are running the installer with
administrative rights.
3. *Existing Data Directory*: Installing over an existing data directory
may lead to compatibility issues.
4. *Other Factors*: There could be additional reasons causing
installation failures.

To assist with troubleshooting, please attach the installation logs to your
support thread. This will help us better understand and resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Zaid

Bitnine Global Inc.