Re: BUG #18553: Please seriously address the severe issue of database installation failures on Windows 10.

From: 燕尘 <pinsaxy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pinsaxy(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18553: Please seriously address the severe issue of database installation failures on Windows 10.
Date: 2024-07-27 00:22:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I searched for many solutions, and there are numerous solutions to this
problem online, including adding the executable file path to the PATH
environment variable, manually creating a postgres user and adding it to
the local administrators group, granting full control permissions to the
postgres user for the installation directory and data directory, running
the installer with postgres privileges, even logging into Windows as the
postgres user and then running the installer, uninstalling the old program
completely and cleaning the registry before installation, and many other
methods. However, they all still resulted in the same error.

I finally solved this problem by using administrator privileges in the
command line:
D:\PostgreSQL\bin>initdb.exe -D D:\databases
D:\PostgreSQL\bin>pg_ctl.exe register -N PostgreSQL -D D:\databases

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> 于2024年7月26日周五 14:21写道: