Fwd: Regarding tables detach concurrently with run_maintenance_proc()

From: Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Regarding tables detach concurrently with run_maintenance_proc()
Date: 2024-07-19 12:48:34
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-in-general

Hi Respected Team

with pg_partman By default proc() does not detach tables concurrently. How
do we implement tables detach concurrently without blocking other sessions
Here queries not using date column to detach tables with
run_maintenance_proc() which is not using concurrently based on the
retention policy which leads to scan all available child tables hence need
to trigger this proc with concurrently option to avoid blocking other child
tables beyond rentention policy while running statements on them

Do we have any other alternative rather than using pg_partman()?

your response is valuable

Regards,
Durga Mahesh