Re: PgbackRest and EDB Query

From: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: azeem subhani <azeemsd07(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgbackRest and EDB Query
Date: 2024-07-19 13:08:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list,

Thank you all for the great help and guidance, I am able to configure
pgbackrest with EPAS-16 and a Repo server both separate machines..
Password less auth also worked well. Backup and restore all fine.

Query
How can I make the Reposerver to host more than one EPAS-16 server
instance's running on multiple nodes ?

Having only one /etg/pgbakrest/pgbackrest.conf file on the Repo Server how
to specify stanza name and global for multiple EPAS servers?
My Repo Server: cat /etc/pgbackrest/pgbackrest.conf
[Demo_Repo]
pg1-host=10.20.20.6
pg1-host-user=enterprisedb
pg1-path=/var/lib/edb/as16/data
pg-version-force=16

[global]
#### about the repository

repo1-path=/var/lib/edb_BackupRepo

repo1-retention-full=2
repo1-cipher-type=aes-256-cbc
repo1-cipher-pass=0oahu5f5dvH7eD4TI1eBEl8Vpn14hWEmgLGuXgpUHo9R2VQKCw6Sm99FnOfHBY
process-max=5
log-level-console=info
log-level-file=debug
start-fast=y
delta=y
repo1-block=y
repo1-bundle=y
[global:archive-push]
compress-level=3

1. So if there are multiple EPAS servers running on different nodes
10.20.20.7, 10.20.20.8, etc. how to specify the stanzas and
globals for each EPAS server in single ( /etc/pgbackrest/pgbackrest.conf
) on Repo server ?

2. Say there are X numbers (say 10 EPAS servers from different geo
locations) of EPAS servers each has a daily growth of aprox 1 GB/day
then what should be the connectivity capacity parameters need to
consider to cater the archiving and replication by pgbackrest in a
production environment to the repo server ?

3. Also what will be the best backup configuration in a crontab for
achieving maximum RPO ? I mean zero data loss ? ( incr or diff
repetition intervals ?) here my sample crontab, only for full and diff
(in lab setup) but for production env and for near zero data lost what
configs needed in cron ?

my sample cron here.
[root(at)RepoServer ~]# crontab -u postgres -l
30 06 * * 0 pgbackrest --type=full --stanza=Demo2 backup
// only on sundays

04 16 * * 1-6 pgbackrest --type=diff --stanza=Demo2 backup
// on everyday diff
[root(at)uaterssdrservice02 ~]#

Thanks again
Krishane