Re: Logical Replication of sequences

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Shlok Kyal <shlok(dot)kyal(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Hou, Zhijie/侯 志杰 <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Date: 2024-07-24 03:46:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, here are some review comments for patch v20240720-0003.

This review is a WIP. This post is only about the docs (*.sgml) of patch 0003.

======
doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_subscription.sgml

1. REFRESH PUBLICATION and copy_data
nitpicks:
- IMO the "synchronize the sequence data" info was misleading because
synchronization should only occur when copy_data=true.
- I also felt it was strange to mention pg_subscription_rel for
sequences, but not for tables. I modified this part too.
- Then I moved the information about re/synchronization of sequences
into the "copy_data" part.
- And added another link to ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION SEQUENCES

Anyway, in summary, I have updated this page quite a lot according to
my understanding. Please take a look at the attached nitpick for my
suggestions.

nitpick - /The supported options are:/The only supported option is:/

~~~

2. REFRESH PUBLICATION SEQUENCES
nitpick - tweaked the wording
nitpicK - typo /syncronizes/synchronizes/

======
3. catalogs.sgml

IMO something is missing in Section "1.55. pg_subscription_rel".

Currently, this page only talks of relations/tables, but I think it
should mention "sequences" here too, particularly since now we are
linking to here from ALTER SUBSCRIPTION when talking about sequences.

======
99.
Please see the attached diffs patch which implements any nitpicks
mentioned above.

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
PS_NITPICKS_20240724_SEQ_0003_DOCS.txt text/plain 4.3 KB