Re: list of acknowledgments for PG17

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: list of acknowledgments for PG17
Date: 2024-09-03 17:59:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/sgml/release-17.sgml;h=08a479807ca2933668dede22e4e6f464b937ee45;hb=refs/heads/REL_17_STABLE#l3229

> As usual, please check for problems such as wrong sorting, duplicate
> names in different variants, or names in the wrong order etc.

I've done a small check of the list (search for first names in the
document), and found the following curiosities:

I see various cases where what seem to be names with Chinese origin are
styled differently between this list and the feature list. Specifically,
"Acknowledged", vs "Feature List":

"Mingli Zhang", vs "Zhang Mingli"
"Zhijie Hou", vs "Hou Zhijie" (cc-ed)
"Zongliang Quan", vs " Quan Zongliang"

I don't know if one order is preferred over the other, but it seems
inconsistent. Hou, do you have more info on this?

Next, I noticed some other inconsistent names:

"Hubert Lubaczewski", vs "Hubert Depesz Lubaczewski"
"Paul Jungwirth", vs "Paul A. Jungwirth"

Sidenote: Paul Amondson is Amonson, Paul D on this list, and is not a
duplicate entry for Paul A. Jungwirth as might be suspected based on
initials.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent