Re: [BUGS] BUG #14260: psqlODBC does not support sslXXXXX variables

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: krayner(at)raynersoft(dot)net
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14260: psqlODBC does not support sslXXXXX variables
Date: 2016-07-19 23:54:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-odbc

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:00 PM, <krayner(at)raynersoft(dot)net> wrote:
> Bug reference: 14260
> Logged by: Kurt Rayner
> Email address: krayner(at)raynersoft(dot)net
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.3
> Operating system: Windows

Postgres ODBC and Postgres server code are two different things. Note
that the last versions of the Postgres ODBC driver have a hard
dependency with libpq, but I guess you know that. By the way,
pgsql-bugs applies to bugs of Postgres code code, as this is an
ODBC-related problem I am moving this thread to pgsql-odbc.

> pSQLODBC does not accept the sslXXX options for OpenSSL that other database
> clients do):
> sslcert
> sslkey
> sslrootcert
> sslcrl
> sslcipher (doesn't appear to be supported by libpq).
>
> This is more of a deficiency, but in a multi-threaded client where each
> connection can have different values putenv() really doesn't cut it.

Agreed. hose are definitely missing from ConnInfo and should be
enforced in LIBPQ_connect(at)connection(dot)c when passing the list of libpq
parameters to PQconnectDBParams. I have not looked at the code in
details, but this also needs some work in the files dlg_*.c to be able
to build correctly, and this needs dedicated parameters for the .ini
configuration file.

> Not sure what the process is for acceptance of updates, but if I can
> help...

Patches are welcome! Development of ODBC is an on-going process.
--
Michael