BUG #14260: psqlODBC does not support sslXXXXX variables

From: krayner(at)raynersoft(dot)net
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14260: psqlODBC does not support sslXXXXX variables
Date: 2016-07-19 14:00:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-odbc

Bug reference: 14260
Logged by: Kurt Rayner
Email address: krayner(at)raynersoft(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.3
Operating system: Windows

pSQLODBC does not accept the sslXXX options for OpenSSL that other database
clients do):
sslcert
sslkey
sslrootcert
sslcrl
sslcipher (doesn't appear to be supported by libpq).

This is more of a deficiency, but in a multi-threaded client where each
connection can have different values putenv() really doesn't cut it.

It is a relatively minor change to add the certificate/path values to the
options for the ODBC client (admittedly more work to update the dialogs).
I've looked at doing this myself, but would rather see it in the mainline.

Not sure what the process is for acceptance of updates, but if I can
help...

Thanks in advance!