Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods
Date: 2019-11-29 16:09:06
Lists: pgsql-committers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 2019-11-29 16:27, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Oooh ... some of the buildfarm members are pointing out that this
>> didn't follow a project convention:

> Um, yes, that's why it's in unsafe_tests. Is there a way around this?

Sure, just change the test tablespace's name to follow the convention:

>> +WARNING: tablespaces created by regression test cases should have names starting with "regress_"

I agree that this is somewhat pointless in the case of an "unsafe" test.
But using a different name isn't going to invalidate the test case,
so there's not really a reason to not follow the convention. And
trying to have an exception for unsafe_tests seems like a lot more
trouble than it'd be worth.