Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods
Date: 2019-12-02 10:09:49
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 2019-11-29 17:09, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> +WARNING: tablespaces created by regression test cases should have names starting with "regress_"
> I agree that this is somewhat pointless in the case of an "unsafe" test.
> But using a different name isn't going to invalidate the test case,
> so there's not really a reason to not follow the convention. And
> trying to have an exception for unsafe_tests seems like a lot more
> trouble than it'd be worth.

The test case is specifically testing tablespace names starting with "pg_":

-- reserved tablespace name
CREATE TABLESPACE pg_foo LOCATION '/no/such/location';
ERROR: unacceptable tablespace name "pg_foo"
DETAIL: The prefix "pg_" is reserved for system tablespaces.

So using a name starting with "regress_" instead isn't going to help.