[Pljava-dev] Return a Anonymous ResultSet

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Return a Anonymous ResultSet
Date: 2011-09-07 22:10:57
Lists: pljava-dev

Vorarlberger <vorarlberger at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> ?

> In reference to this very year old thread:
> http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/ pljava-dev/2005/000277.html?I have a
> very similar problem?and I am not sure if

> this problem is still remaining?

> What I need is to return a result set?I do not know at create
> time. In fact my java code is holding a HashMap<string,object> and I
> need to return the map as a table.

How exactly do you define (or mean to define) the function on the sql
side?

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but it seems you're meaning to
return different data types for each row. As far as I'm aware
Postgres does not have ANYTYPE so you can't do that.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/