[Pljava-dev] Return a Anonymous ResultSet

From: vorarlberger at gmail(dot)com (Vorarlberger)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Return a Anonymous ResultSet
Date: 2011-09-08 11:04:08
Lists: pljava-dev

> That still doesn't explain how you mean the return value to be defined
> on the SQL side. As in
>
> Ok, sorry I thougt it was clear since the subject of this thread is "Return
a Anonymous ResultSet"

> CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS <say what?> AS 'Foo.foo' LANGUAGE
> JAVA;

CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS RECORD AS 'Foo.foo' LANGUAGE
JAVA;

> If you can explain what you mean to achieve in terms of other embedded
> languages or language neutral we have a discussion. Until then I'll
> remain perplexed.

Her a plpgsql example

create or replace function foo()
returns record as
$$
declare
r record;
begin
-- only my java objecft do know the columns list
select 'a'::varchar(10) as a , now() as b into r;
return r;
end;
$$
language plpgsql;