[Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows
Date: 2005-06-13 19:40:57
Lists: pljava-dev

Danny Gaethofs wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I have been reading the different mails about
>installing PL/Java on Postgres under Windows Xp.
>
>It is still not clear what exactly needs to be done.
>Let me explain the steps I took till I got stranded.
>
>I am running java 1.5 with JAVA_HOME at C:\Program
>Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02.
>
>My path is defined as follows:
>%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\ProgramFiles\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin
>
>Step 1: Download and install PostgreSQL
>Install the data directory on e:
>Install the software on c:
>Do not forget to Install Procedural Language
>(pl/pgsql)
>

>Step 2: Download and install PLJAVA
>- Download pljava from the website
>
>- Create a directory PLJAVA under
>C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava
>
>- Extract the content of the file into this directory.
>
>- Edit the contents of the postgresql.conf file which
>can be found in the \data directory.
>
>Added the following lines:
>custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
>pljava.classpath =
>'C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava\pljava.jar'
>
>pljava.statement_cache_size = 10
>
>pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true
>
>pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M'
>
>pljava.debug = false
>
>dynamic_library_path =
>'$libdir:C:\\ProgramFiles\\PostgreSQL\\8.0\\pljava'
>
>log_min_messages = info
>
>Step 3: Deploy the PL/JAVA
>Now I should deploy the PL/Java but it is not clear to
>me how this should be done. I read something about
>executing this command:
>java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer
>
>But when I do so nothing happens.
>Can anyone help me out here, what steps am I missing.

Most things seems to be correct so far. What do you mean when you say
"nothing happens"? A succesfull installation is typically silent. There
will be lots of output in the backend log though. If you simply got a
new prompt and no other output, then my guess is that everything went OK.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren