[Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows

From: dgaethofs at yahoo(dot)com (Danny Gaethofs)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows
Date: 2005-06-13 16:39:18
Lists: pljava-dev

Dear all,

I have been reading the different mails about
installing PL/Java on Postgres under Windows Xp.

It is still not clear what exactly needs to be done.
Let me explain the steps I took till I got stranded.

I am running java 1.5 with JAVA_HOME at C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02.

My path is defined as follows:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\ProgramFiles\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin

Step 1: Download and install PostgreSQL
Install the data directory on e:
Install the software on c:
Do not forget to Install Procedural Language
(pl/pgsql)

Step 2: Download and install PLJAVA
- Download pljava from the website

- Create a directory PLJAVA under
C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava

- Extract the content of the file into this directory.

- Edit the contents of the postgresql.conf file which
can be found in the \data directory.

Added the following lines:
custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
pljava.classpath =
'C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava\pljava.jar'

pljava.statement_cache_size = 10

pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true

pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M'

pljava.debug = false

dynamic_library_path =
'$libdir:C:\\ProgramFiles\\PostgreSQL\\8.0\\pljava'

log_min_messages = info

Step 3: Deploy the PL/JAVA
Now I should deploy the PL/Java but it is not clear to
me how this should be done. I read something about
executing this command:
java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer

But when I do so nothing happens.
Can anyone help me out here, what steps am I missing.

regards,
Danny