[Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows

From: whalesuit at bonbon(dot)net (Eric E)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows
Date: 2005-06-13 17:33:08
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Danny,
A couple questions:
1) When you invoke java by itself in your command prompt, does it
run? java should give you its list of options.
2) Did you make modifications to your user path, or to the system
path? Changes need to be to the system path, so that the postgres
service is aware of them when it starts.
3) Have you defined CLASSPATH in your install environment? For
installation, CLASSPATH needs to contain deploy.jar, as well as the jdbc
driver of your choice, found in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\jdbc.

Once you've done that, running:

java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer

should give the list of options as specified in the deployment instructions.

Also, it looks like you removed spaces from "Program Files" in a couple places - check that this is not the cause of your problem: C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava

Hope some of that helps.

Cheers,

Eric