[Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows
Date: 2005-06-14 13:07:30
Lists: pljava-dev

Danny Gaethofs wrote:

>After defining the CLASSPATH as an user environment
>variable that contains:
>C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\jdbc\postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc2.jar;C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava\deploy.jar
>
>The deployer now works. When I create a database and
>issue the command:
>C:\>java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer
>-install -user compiere -password
> compiere -database cmpcs
>
>I get the message
>java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: could not access file
>"libpljava": No such file or
> directory
>
>But strange is that when I look at the database I find
>the schema sqlj is created.
>
>Is this what should happen? If yes why am i getting
>this error message about not finding libjava?
>
>And what should I do to solve it.

The schema is created before the functions in that schema are created
and called. The error you see is when a java function is called and
tries to instantiate the pljava binary module. Your postgresql.conf file
contains the following line:

dynamic_library_path = '$libdir:C:\\ProgramFiles\\PostgreSQL\\8.0\\pljava'

Change the first colon to a semicolon. Windows use semicolon as the path separator (it has too since colon is part of the drive designator).

Now run the deployer again with option -uninstall. You will see an error (since the language is not installed) but you can ignore it. Then try to install again.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren