[Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows

From: dgaethofs at yahoo(dot)com (Danny Gaethofs)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/JAVA on Windows
Date: 2005-06-16 13:35:19
Lists: pljava-dev

Dear Thomas,

After stopping the postgresql server and restarting
it, I am no longer able to open the server connection
in pgadminiii. The message I get is:
could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and
accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

When I remove these lines from my postgresql.conf it
works again.

# PLJAVA - 13-05-06
# define "pljava" as a custom variable class. This is
a comma separated
# list of names.
#
custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'

# define the class path that the JVM will use when
# initial library. Only meaningful for non GJC
installations
#
#old pljava.classpath =
'/home/Tada/pljava/build/pljava.jar'
pljava.classpath =
'C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava\pljava.jar'

# Set the size of the prepared statement MRU cache
#
pljava.statement_cache_size = 10

# If true, lingering savepoints will be released on
function exit. If false,
# the will be rolled back
#
pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true

# Define startup options for the Java VM.
#
pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M'

# Setting debug to true will cause the postgres
process to go
# into a sleep(1) loop on its first call to java. This
is
# only useful if you want to debug the PL/Java
internal C code.
#
pljava.debug = false

I thought installing pljava would be easy?
Has anyone succeeded doing it on windows xp?

regards,
Danny

--- Thomas Hallgren <thhal at mailblocks.com> wrote:

> Danny Gaethofs wrote:
>
> >After defining the CLASSPATH as an user environment
> >variable that contains:
>
>C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\jdbc\postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc2.jar;C:\ProgramFiles\PostgreSQL\8.0\pljava\deploy.jar
> >
> >The deployer now works. When I create a database
> and
> >issue the command:
> >C:\>java org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer
> >-install -user compiere -password
> > compiere -database cmpcs
> >
> >I get the message
> >java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: could not access file
> >"libpljava": No such file or
> > directory
> >
> >But strange is that when I look at the database I
> find
> >the schema sqlj is created.
> >
> >Is this what should happen? If yes why am i getting
> >this error message about not finding libjava?
> >
> >And what should I do to solve it.
> >

> The schema is created before the functions in that
> schema are created
> and called. The error you see is when a java
> function is called and
> tries to instantiate the pljava binary module. Your
> postgresql.conf file
> contains the following line:
>
> dynamic_library_path =
> '$libdir:C:\\ProgramFiles\\PostgreSQL\\8.0\\pljava'
>
> Change the first colon to a semicolon. Windows use
> semicolon as the path separator (it has too since
> colon is part of the drive designator).
>
> Now run the deployer again with option -uninstall.
> You will see an error (since the language is not
> installed) but you can ignore it. Then try to
> install again.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Discover Yahoo!