[Pljava-dev] Windows 64bit: Call for further testing

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows 64bit: Call for further testing
Date: 2011-05-04 16:43:24
Lists: pljava-dev

On Wed, 04 May 2011 16:20:47 -0000, JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO
<jcllario at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Johann,
> I checked it now and yes I have the MS Visual C++ 2008 redistributale
> x86 9.0 already installed.
>
> That redistributable was installed by Postgres so any postgres windows
> installation should have it at least with postgres 9 because i checked
> it.

That's good to know, and hopefully means I do not have to explicitly men-
tion that dependency in installation documents. At least not the generic
ones.

> I uninstalled this redistributable and pljave was still working, maybe
> the dlls are still in windows dirs.

That seems likely because you're able to run both the Postgres server as
well as PL/Java. Or maybe you only uninstalled the 32bit redistributable
and are running 64bit server and PL/Java with the corresponding 64bit re-
distributables?

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/