Re: [HACKERS] PL code and fmgr_addr

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PL code and fmgr_addr
Date: 1998-02-05 16:13:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Jan Wieck wrote:
>

> > > Another problem I found with the PL code was that it took the fmgr()
> > > macro, and made it call a function call to fmgr_addr, which just killed
> > > performance.
> > >
> > > I made fmgr_addr() a macro too.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruce Momjian
> > > maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
> > >

> > Just to let you know - after fixing some other problems
> > caused by the bpchar trouble my PLtcl tests went through
> > again. Looks the macroization is O.K.
>
> Do we have regression tests for this?

No - since PLtcl isn't part of the distribution up to now.
And I think that even if we include PLtcl into the dist we
shouldn't include it into the regression tests because
building PLtcl requires a Tcl installation (at least the
libtcl??.so and tclConfig.sh).

But it would be O.K. for me to include the PLtcl to the
contrib directory and setup a separate test suite there.

Until later, Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #