[Pljava-dev] Release?

From: pgsql at tomd(dot)cc (Tom Dunstan)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Release?
Date: 2007-10-10 23:21:27
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi all

I've been having a bit of a play with PL/Java, and would like to help
out getting a release or at least prerelease compatible with
PostgreSQL 8.2/8.3beta out the door.

Running code out of the PL/Java CVS repository, Ive been able to
successfully run the included tester against pgsql 8.2.5 and CVS HEAD,
on Windows, Linux and Solaris x86. So the code looks in reasonable
shape. Given that 8.3 has now hit beta, this seems like a prime time
to package up something for users to play with. What do people think?

Btw, despite the internal JDBC driver not supporting the new JDBC 4
methods, it is possible to compile the code against a JDK 1.4.2/1.5
and then point to a 1.6 JRE at runtime. All the tests pass, with the
exception of the DatabaseMetaData test, which then passes when the
attached patch is applied to MetaDataBooleans.java.

If there is agreement on packaging a release/prerelease up, I can make
binaries available for the above listed platform/pgsql combinations,
although I won't be able to upload them to pgfoundry as I won't have
admin rights to do so.

Incidentally, is there any reason the mailing list and CVS repository
haven't moved to pgfoundry?

Cheers

Tom