[Pljava-dev] Release?

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Release?
Date: 2007-10-11 20:55:06
Lists: pljava-dev

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Tom Dunstan wrote:

> Running code out of the PL/Java CVS repository, Ive been able to
> successfully run the included tester against pgsql 8.2.5 and CVS HEAD,
> on Windows, Linux and Solaris x86. So the code looks in reasonable
> shape. Given that 8.3 has now hit beta, this seems like a prime time
> to package up something for users to play with. What do people think?

I don't think there are any more development plans, so now sounds like a
good time to me. I can update the version numbers, but Thomas is the only
who can upload things to pgfoundry.

> Btw, despite the internal JDBC driver not supporting the new JDBC 4
> methods, it is possible to compile the code against a JDK 1.4.2/1.5
> and then point to a 1.6 JRE at runtime. All the tests pass, with the
> exception of the DatabaseMetaData test, which then passes when the
> attached patch is applied to MetaDataBooleans.java.

Applied.

> If there is agreement on packaging a release/prerelease up, I can make
> binaries available for the above listed platform/pgsql combinations,
> although I won't be able to upload them to pgfoundry as I won't have
> admin rights to do so.

Your build help is appreciated as I just lost my windows build machine.

> Incidentally, is there any reason the mailing list and CVS repository
> haven't moved to pgfoundry?

Setting up a new lists can be done, but moving over subscribers and
archives is something that gborg/pgfoundry admins would need to do. Same
thing for CVS, we can import current sources, but to get history we need
help.

Kris Jurka