Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points
Date: 2024-09-04 00:40:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 02, 2024 at 09:53:30AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> REL_17_STABLE is frozen for a few more days, so I'll address all the
> items of this thread that once the release of this week is tagged: the
> export duplicates and the installcheck issue. These are staged on a
> local branch for now.

There are two TAP tests in REL_17_STABLE that use the module
injection_points, and we have 6 of them on HEAD. For now, I have
applied a patch that addresses the problems for v17 to avoid any
problems with the upcoming release, fixing the two tests that exist in
REL_17_STABLE.

For HEAD, I'd like to be slightly more ambitious and propose a routine
in Cluster.pm that scans for available extensions, as of the attached.
This simplifies the injection point test in libpq, as the
injection_point is one portion of the test so we don't need the check
based on the environment variable. There is no need for checks in the
TAP tests injection_points's 001_stats.pl and test_slru's
001_multixact.pl as these modules disable installcheck.

Any thoughts about the attached? This makes installcheck work here
with and without the configure switch.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Check-availability-of-module-injection_points-in-TAP.patch text/x-diff 6.1 KB