[Pljava-dev] PLJava (64-bit) Build Error: JNI_CreateJavaVM

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PLJava (64-bit) Build Error: JNI_CreateJavaVM
Date: 2008-05-31 13:27:05
Lists: pljava-dev

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Javier Sotelo wrote:

> The current 64-bit pljava binary for Linux depends on assert code that
> is not included, therefore it is unusable. After successfully building
> pljava with no errors, I tried to install again. This time the library
> could not load due to an undefined symbol, JNI_CreateJavaVM (actually
> there's more, see details).

This error suggests that you don't have libjvm.so available to the server
process. You seem to be setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately, but it's
not clear when/where you are settting this. You need to start your server
with this environment, not the deployer. Note that setting it in your
environment and then running an init script is unlikely to work. I'm not
familiar with Suse start scripts, but usually the easiest thing to do is
to just modify the start script itself to set this environment variable.

Kris Jurka