[Pljava-dev] RE: PLJava (64-bit) Build Error: JNI_CreateJavaVM‏

From: sotelojavier at hotmail(dot)com (Javier Sotelo)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] RE: PLJava (64-bit) Build Error: JNI_CreateJavaVM‏
Date: 2008-06-03 04:07:01
Lists: pljava-dev

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment setting is being set with the .bashrc
file which is the start up script that SuSe uses, this should be the script
you were referring to. The export snapshot I sent in the DETAILS section
lists some of the environmental variables set at start up by default. The
path to the libjvm.so is correct:

postgres at lb-bft23:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/amd64/server> ls
libjsig.so libjvm.so Xusage.txt

One thing I did notice was the SuSe used the java binary under
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_15/bin so I issued the following command:

postgres at lb-bft23:/usr/share/pljava> /usr/java/default/jre/bin/java -server
-cp deploy.jar:postgresql-8.1-412.jdbc3.jar
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install -user postgres
-database pljava
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library '/usr/sh
are/pljava/pljava.so': /usr/share/pljava/pljava.so: undefined symbol:
JNI_CreateJavaVM
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1575)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(Query
ExecutorImpl.java:1324)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecut
orImpl.java:190)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(Abstract
Jdbc2Statement.java:452)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags
(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:340)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(Abstract
Jdbc2Statement.java:332)
at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.initJavaHandlers(Deploye
r.java:474)
at org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer.main(Deployer.java:269)

As you can see it's the same result. Is there any way that the
environmental variable is not checked? Can it be using a different libjvm.so?

Much Appreciated,
Javier Sotelo
> Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:27:05 -0400
> From: books at ejurka.com
> To: sotelojavier at hotmail.com
> CC: pljava-dev at pgfoundry.org
> Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] PLJava (64-bit) Build Error: JNI_CreateJavaVM
>

> On Tue, 13 May 2008, Javier Sotelo wrote:
>
>> The current 64-bit pljava binary for Linux depends on assert code that
>> is not included, therefore it is unusable. After successfully building
>> pljava with no errors, I tried to install again. This time the library
>> could not load due to an undefined symbol, JNI_CreateJavaVM (actually
>> there's more, see details).
>
> This error suggests that you don't have libjvm.so available to the server
> process. You seem to be setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately, but it's
> not clear when/where you are settting this. You need to start your server
> with this environment, not the deployer. Note that setting it in your
> environment and then running an init script is unlikely to work. I'm not
> familiar with Suse start scripts, but usually the easiest thing to do is
> to just modify the start script itself to set this environment variable.
>
> Kris Jurka

Change the world with e-mail. Join the i?m Initiative from Microsoft.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWorld