BDR that performs

From: "Smith, Travis" <Travis(dot)Smith(at)circana(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BDR that performs
Date: 2024-06-14 12:08:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello Beautiful People,

I have a question regarding a good performing BDR system for Postgres. I am currently evaluating/prototyping a primary-primary/master-master replication system. I have a question around the experience held by the community at large. Has anyone worked in a production environment with a solid BDR platform that performs well? I am currently testing SymmetricDS but I am worried about a few things although the feature set is salivating.

Any hints to other software would be great, the organization has budget cap to bring a talented consultant or consultant firm in to fulfill an advisory role.

So far I have reviewed:
Greenplum -- always lagging in version
PG 16 logical replication - very basic - manual conflict resolution.
SymmetricDS - trigger based replication
EDB BDR (PGD) - not an option at this time

Thank you in advance,

[cid:image001(dot)jpg(at)01DABD84(dot)CDF83720]
Travis Smith
VP Business Technology
Circana

travis(dot)smith(at)circana(dot)com<mailto:travis(dot)smith(at)circana(dot)com>
C: 773.349.1415
203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 1500

circana.com<https://www.circana.com/> LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/wearecircana> Twitter<https://twitter.com/wearecircana> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/wearecircana> YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/@WeAreCircana> Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/wearecircana/>

We Are Now Circana! IRI and NPD have come together to form Circana, the world's leading advisor on the complexity of consumer behavior. Learn more.<https://www.circana.com/iri-and-npd-rebrand-as-circana-the-leading-advisor-on-the-complexity-of-consumer-behavior.html>