Re: BDR that performs

From: Hari Kiran <hari(at)pgedge(dot)com>
To: "Smith, Travis" <Travis(dot)Smith(at)circana(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR that performs
Date: 2024-06-14 12:40:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Travis,

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 5:39 PM Smith, Travis <Travis(dot)Smith(at)circana(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello Beautiful People,
>

> I have a question regarding a good performing BDR system for Postgres. I
> am currently evaluating/prototyping a primary-primary/master-master
> replication system. I have a question around the experience held by the
> community at large. Has anyone worked in a production environment with a
> solid BDR platform that performs well? I am currently testing SymmetricDS
> but I am worried about a few things although the feature set is
> salivating.
>

> Any hints to other software would be great, the organization has budget
> cap to bring a talented consultant or consultant firm in to fulfill an
> advisory role.
>

> So far I have reviewed:
>
> Greenplum -- always lagging in version
>
> PG 16 logical replication – very basic – manual conflict resolution.
>
> SymmetricDS – trigger based replication
>
> EDB BDR (PGD) – not an option at this time

One alternative you might consider is pgEdge Platform. Specifically
tailored for robust PostgreSQL MMR replication and high availability
scenarios. pgEdge offers comprehensive support and extensive documentation,
which could be beneficial for your current evaluation and prototyping phase.

See https://docs.pgedge.com/ for more info.