[Pljava-dev] Limitation in statement parameters

From: mpandolfi at libero(dot)it (mpandolfi at libero(dot)it)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Limitation in statement parameters
Date: 2004-08-11 09:23:39
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Thomas,

We are very interested on your pl/java product.
We've succesfully imported our Oracle java stored procedure into Postgresql
pl/java.

We found noly some limitation on your code, not very critical since it
is open-source.

I will get straight to the problem.
In SPIconnection the translation from JDBC statement to postgresql statement
can't have more than 10 paramenters due to the use of single char.
You will get "$:" instead of "$10" and so on.

Another little thing, in Oracle we use "jdbc:default:connection:" not
"jdbc:default:connection".
It's similar but not the same.
It wasn't simple to notice this "little" difference due to the "No suitable
driver" error.

Of course i was using the latest CVS version since we succesfully compiled
and installed it.
But we commented out the EOXactregister/unregister reference since it was
unreferenced in resulting libpljava.so.

We use use RH9, Postgresql 7.4.3 and JSDK1.4.2.

We look forward for the new release and appreciate your good work.

regards

Mario Pandolfi

Octotelematics Srl
Via Veneto, 7