[Pljava-dev] Limitation in statement parameters

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Limitation in statement parameters
Date: 2004-08-11 09:31:43
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Mario,
> We are very interested on your pl/java product.
> We've succesfully imported our Oracle java stored procedure into
> Postgresql
> pl/java.

Cool. This is good news.

> In SPIconnection the translation from JDBC statement to postgresql
> statement
> can't have more than 10 paramenters due to the use of single char.
> You will get "$:" instead of "$10" and so on.

Ouch! I'll fix that promptly.

> Another little thing, in Oracle we use "jdbc:default:connection:" not
> "jdbc:default:connection".
> It's similar but not the same.

Ok, it will be easy enough to allow both. I'll fix that too.

> But we commented out the EOXactregister/unregister reference since it was
> unreferenced in resulting libpljava.so.

Yes, I discovered that yesterday evening. The latest CVS contains work that
is intended for 8.0. I will fix it for 7.4 soon. Meanwhile, if you want to
play around with the latest and greatest, you need a PostgreSQL 8.0 beta.
Using it, you will benefit from new features such as the ability to
configure the JVM from the postgresql.conf or via SET commands (through
custom configuration variables). It also has much improved exception
handling.

> We use use RH9, Postgresql 7.4.3 and JSDK1.4.2.
>
> We look forward for the new release and appreciate your good work.

Thanks a lot. It's always encouraging to hear positive news.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren