java_objects and create table

From: Andrew Hart <andhart(at)btinternet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: java_objects and create table
Date: 2003-08-29 15:02:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am trying to store a java_object into a database using code:
try {
s.executeUpdate( "create table regions2 ( region java_object );" );
}
catch (SQLException e) {
System.out.println("Error creating:" + e.getMessage());
}

Error creating:ERROR: Unable to locate type name 'java_object' in catalog
JDK14 pg73jdbc3 pg7.2.1

What is going wrong? I would assume that the java_object type is not
supported but is there an alternative type so that I can use a prepared
statement and a setObject( myRegion ) call to add my object to the database?