RE: BUG #17634: Inconsistent view_definition in information_schema.views

From: "Blum, Kimber" <kimber7(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: BUG #17634: Inconsistent view_definition in information_schema.views
Date: 2022-10-11 15:57:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Then perhaps the rule decompiler should be used when populating a column that implies it contains the view definition - because it is not the correct definition. No snark intended, just my thoughts. On a related note, having dependencies for all object (including functions and procedures) available in postgres would be awesome. You all provide a great product for us opensource users, and it's appreciated.