Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Koval <d(dot)koval(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Date: 2024-08-18 22:24:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Aug 10, 2024 at 6:57 PM Dmitry Koval <d(dot)koval(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> > Probably
> > QueryCompletion struct fits this purpose best from the existing
> > parameters. Attached draft patch implements returning oid of newly
> > created relation as part of QueryCompletion. Thoughts?
>
> I agree, returning the oid of the newly created relation is the best way
> to solve the problem.
> (Excuse me, I won't have access to a laptop for the next week - and
> won't be able to look at the source code).

Thank you for your feedback. Although, I decided QueryCompletion is
not a good place for this new field. It looks more appropriate to
place it to TableLikeClause, which already contains one relation oid
inside. The revised patch is attached.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov
Supabase

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Avoid-repeated-table-name-lookups-in-createPartit.patch application/octet-stream 2.7 KB