Re: The tragedy of SQL

From: Michael Nolan <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The tragedy of SQL
Date: 2021-09-14 16:10:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I started programming in 1967, and over the last 50+ years I've programmed
in more languages than I would want to list. I spent a decade writing in
FORTRAN on a GA 18/30 (essentially a clone of the IBM 1130) with limited
memory space, so you had to write EFFICIENT code, something that is a bit
of a lost art these days. I also spent a decade writing in COBOL.

I've not found many tasks that I couldn't find a way to write in whatever
language I had available to write it in. There may be bad (or at least
inefficient) languages, but there are lots of bad programmers.
--
Mike Nolan
htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com