Re: Increible omnidb 2.4 y pgadmin 4 ver 2 parecen locomotoras antiguas frente el viejo phpPgAdmin que parece un ferrari

From: Rafael Castro <rafael(dot)castro(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "jvenegasperu (dot)" <jvenegasperu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Ayuda <pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Increible omnidb 2.4 y pgadmin 4 ver 2 parecen locomotoras antiguas frente el viejo phpPgAdmin que parece un ferrari
Date: 2017-12-12 15:40:34
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with OmniDB did not satisfy your
expectations
performance wise. Performance is our top priority during development and
there should
be no delay when using the interface.

I see that the complaints are related to slowness of data fetching when
opening
nodes in the structure tree. A few mentions here:

- When you open the first node, OmniDB fetches a lot of information about
your
database, which will be used along with all functionalities supported by
the tool.

- There is an issue when opening the Sequences node, it fetches all data
from all
sequences, that is why you are experiencing slowness, this will be fixed in
the
next release.

- Other than the two previous mentions, there should be no lag when
handling the
tree, the only delay would be the actual communication between the app and
the database
but if you using a local db the interface should respond very fast.

In terms of initialization there isn't much to compare phppgadmin with
OmniDB because
the former is a web application to be used with a webserver running php. We
also offer
this option, you can run OmniDB with a webserver of your choice. You can
also
use OmniDB-server, that comes with its own webserver so you don't have to
worry
about installing any additional piece of software. Ultimately, you can use
the app
for a desktop experience, I'm guessing your complaints about initialization
are
related to this option.

I would like to know more about your environment and tests. Could you
please share
with me the OS you are using?

Also, it would be very helpful if you could record your screen when using
OmniDB so
we can actually see the problem we are dealing with (including
initialization).

We are delivering a new version every 4 weeks, including new features and
bug fixes
in each release. If you are able to provide us the details and we verify
that there
is actually an issue we will fix that as soon as possible.

Regards,

Rafael Castro - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com