Re: No prompt for setting up a master password

From: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Stephanie Goulet <stephanie(dot)a(dot)goulet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No prompt for setting up a master password
Date: 2023-06-07 04:47:51
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

Hi Stephanie,

Can you please provide the pgAdmin 4 version details?

If you are using pgAdmin 4 version 7.2 onwards it uses the operating
system's secret storage to store the passwords in desktop mode.
please refer:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/latest/master_password.html
<https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/7.3/master_password.html>

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 11:06 PM Stephanie Goulet <
stephanie(dot)a(dot)goulet(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Hope you're well. I'm a new user and was trying to set pgAdmin up for the
> first time. All of the instructions and tutorials and other resources I can
> find outline how there should be a prompt for setting up a master password
> when you first open. This did not appear for me. I tried deleting,
> redownloading, and opening again and it still doesn't appear. When opening
> the program after download, it also doesn't ask for a password (only when
> trying to connect to a server). If it's helpful to know, I'm using Mac OS.
>
> Is there a way to set the master password without having the prompt
> appear? If yes, where/how? If not, what might you recommend for this
> situation?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Stephanie

Regards,