Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #1513 - Unable to do max selection to drop tables/sequences/functions

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #1513 - Unable to do max selection to drop tables/sequences/functions
Date: 2018-09-21 09:57:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Khushboo

Following are my review comments (GUI):

- Fix PEP8 warnings.
- Delete/Drop and Drop Cascade menu should not be enabled if none of the
object is selected.
- Dialog title "DROP Multiple ?" and "DROP Cascade Multiple ?" should be
changed. Even if I select only one object title shows "DROP Multiple ?".
- Drop Cascade menu should not be there for *pgAgent Jobs* node. When
try to delete/drop it throws "Method not allowed" error message.
- Getting invalid input syntax error when try to delete/drop
*TableSpaces.*
- This feature should not be applicable to *Catalogs* and all there
child nodes.
- Wrong error message displayed when delete/drop 'plpgsql' *Language. *It
throws "can't execute an empty query" instead of error message comes from
the database server.
- Wrong error message displayed when delete/drop *Foreign Data
Wrappers. *It throws "can't execute an empty query" instead of error
message comes from the database server.
- Getting syntax error when try to delete/drop *Resource Groups* for EPAS
servers.
- Getting "Method not allowed" error for functions, procedures and
variables inside the *Packages* node.

I am unable to test for some of the nodes. I have not review source code.

--
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*