Re: 9.6 -> 10.0

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date: 2016-05-09 20:24:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 9 May 2016 at 18:42, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> 3. pglogical will probably reach release quality before next year,
>
>> making this release the "hot upgrade" release.
>>

> I think it's dangerous to bet on something like that. While I certainly
> hope and think it will be, we certainly don't know.

We don't know Postgres 9.6 will be release quality either by Sept, but we
are taking to steps to ensure it is.

The question is whether others take an interest in doing the same thing for
pglogical. I suggest that it is more about acceptance of the technology
than it is about software quality, which is easy to measure. Perhaps that
is just a matter of time.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>