Re: pgAdmin in Docker: independent users storage

From: Vladimir Ryabtsev <greatvovan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org
Cc: Henrik(dot)Uggla(at)kristianstad(dot)se, pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin in Docker: independent users storage
Date: 2018-09-17 22:55:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

I see, so instead of pointing on some host/network directory (as I do in
Henrik's image) I can just map this directory and override it inside the
container.
I think we need to mention this on the image's page
https://hub.docker.com/r/dpage/pgadmin4/, I believe this is extremely
useful, and even must be recommended for Docker deployment. Storing data
inside a container is a way to instantly lose all data with every
redeployment/image upgrade. One may also want to map
directory /var/log/pgadmin to access logs in a convenient place.

Regards,
Vlad