Re: Related To Hash Partition

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ROHIT SACHDEVA <sachdeva(dot)rohit648(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Related To Hash Partition
Date: 2023-04-27 22:56:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 3:04 AM ROHIT SACHDEVA <sachdeva(dot)rohit648(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> While using hash partition i am facing the problem that the data is not
> going into the proper partition table .
> Due to this, records are not visible in the main table when I am searching
> for a particular record, as it searches only that partition.
> Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem and why this happened.

This seems like a bug, or some kind of corruption. But there isn't enough
info here to identify what the bug might be. Are you using a custom
hashing function, or a built-in one? What is the datatype of the
partition key? Has this system been through any pg_upgrade cycles? Have
you tried to reproduce it on your own system? What is your version and
hardware and OS? Do you have error correcting code RAM?

> And in the future, if i truncate the records from the main table and
> insert them back again, will the shuffling of records happen or not.
> Any ideas regarding why this happened?

I don't think there is a way to answer that without first identifying what
went wrong in the first place.

> Just add up the indexing.

I don't know what that means.

Cheers,