Can't use accounts with .local emails

From: Bethany Davis <ellis(at)despoena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't use accounts with .local emails
Date: 2023-04-26 21:56:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good afternoon,

I have an air gapped environment I'm trying to run PgAdmin4 in. I'm
currently running 4.7. When my users attempt to log in with LDAP, or if I
try to create an account for someone, I get the following error:

The domain name <email domain> is a special-use or reserved name that
cannot be used with email

In this environment all emails are in a domain ending with .local. Is
there any way to make PgAdmin4 allow enail addressed with that naming? If
not, is there a way to prevent it from populating the email field on
successful LDAP login?

Thanks,
~Bethany