Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM_2596 - Query tool not working in Desktop Runtime on Mac OS X

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM_2596 - Query tool not working in Desktop Runtime on Mac OS X
Date: 2017-08-01 06:02:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Ashesh,

1. Now we are using `envType` variable in definePlugin which sets
environment variable NODE_ENV globally which is used by React to create
development or production build.
where:
envType - determine build type is either `production` or
`development`​ depending on the environment set in package.json > scripts.

2. In `UglifyJSPlugin`, i am setting compress > `warnings to false`,
because here warning flag is meant to display warnings on terminal while
creating build in production mode. so it is set to false.

I didn't created an RM for #2 as it is minor change, if needed, i will
create.

​Reference to webpack definePlugin:
https://webpack.js.org/guides/production/#node-environment-variable​

Please find updated patch with fixed review comments and review.

Thanks,
Surinder

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Surinder Kumar <
> surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I inspect the react code and in call stacks, found `process.env.NODE_ENV`
>> is undefined due to which 'SyntheticEvent.call' is not callable.
>>
>> So, to fix this, i add 'definePlugin' to plugins for `dev` environment in
>> `webpack.config.js`. Initially it was added only for `production`
>> environment. but it is needed for both, because React code is conditional
>> based on environment variables set.
>>

>> Please find attached patch and review.
>>
> As discussed, you're setting 'production', even in the 'development' mode.
>
> Please understand the code, and share the updated patch.
> Also - share the references next time, so that - committer can understand
> the reason for these changes.
>
> -- Thanks, Ashesh
>

>> Thanks,
>> Surinder

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM_2596_v1.patch application/octet-stream 1.3 KB