Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM_2596 - Query tool not working in Desktop Runtime on Mac OS X

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM_2596 - Query tool not working in Desktop Runtime on Mac OS X
Date: 2017-07-31 10:01:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I inspect the react code and in call stacks, found `process.env.NODE_ENV`
> is undefined due to which 'SyntheticEvent.call' is not callable.
>
> So, to fix this, i add 'definePlugin' to plugins for `dev` environment in
> `webpack.config.js`. Initially it was added only for `production`
> environment. but it is needed for both, because React code is conditional
> based on environment variables set.
>

> Please find attached patch and review.

As discussed, you're setting 'production', even in the 'development' mode.

Please understand the code, and share the updated patch.
Also - share the references next time, so that - committer can understand
the reason for these changes.

-- Thanks, Ashesh