Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, John Foelster <johnfoelster(at)comcast(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.
Date: 2013-08-29 12:01:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay on this issue.

Yes, i am able to reproduce the problem in Linux but not in windows. I am
attaching the fix for this issue. After applying this fix, the behaviour in
windows and linux are same.

Kindly let me know if i miss anything here.

Dinesh

--
*Dinesh Kumar*
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.co
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*
Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars,
whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi Dave/Jan-Peter,
>
> Could you confirm that, are you facing the issue with the debug version of
> pgAdmin. With the installed pgAdmin, i too facing the problem but the date
> is setting to 1970. But the debug pgAdmin is doing fine in my windows 7.
>
> Looking forward for your inputs.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Dinesh
>
> --
> *Dinesh Kumar*
> Software Engineer
>
> Ph: +918087463317
> Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
> www.enterprisedb.co <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
> *
> Follow us on Twitter*
> @EnterpriseDB
>
> Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
> more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Jan-Peter Seifert <
> Jan-Peter(dot)Seifert(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> *Gesendet:* Dienstag, 20. August 2013 um 09:32 Uhr
>> *Von:* "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
>> *An:* "Dinesh Kumar" <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
>> *Cc:* "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>,
>> "John Foelster" <johnfoelster(at)comcast(dot)net>, "Dhiraj Chawla" <
>> dhiraj(dot)chawla(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
>> *Betreff:* Re: [pgadmin-support] Password setting having somewhat
>> bizarre results.
>> Thanks Dinesh - patch applied.
>>
>> I noticed one other issue in the role dialogue that I'd like you or
>> Dhiraj to look at please. On my Mac, if I open the properties for a role
>> with no VALID UNTIL date set, it's setting the date in the dialogue to the
>> current date and generating the SQL to make that change. It should leave
>> the date empty of course, and not generate any SQL until the user actually
>> changes something.
>>
>> it's the very same on Windows.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Peter

Attachment Content-Type Size
Fix_dlgRole_AcountExpire_Issue_V2.patch application/octet-stream 685 bytes