Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, John Foelster <johnfoelster(at)comcast(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.
Date: 2013-08-29 14:29:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Sorry for the delay on this issue.
>
> Yes, i am able to reproduce the problem in Linux but not in windows. I am
> attaching the fix for this issue. After applying this fix, the behaviour in
> windows and linux are same.
>
> Kindly let me know if i miss anything here.

Still not quite right I'm afraid. If I open a user account with no
pre-existing expiry, then the dialogue will try to execute:

ALTER ROLE rolename
VALID UNTIL 'infinity';

As I haven't changed anything on the dialogue, it shouldn't try to make
any changes (or, enable the OK button). Also, the dialogue itself shows the
current date - it should be blank. If I choose a date - then it still tries
to set the expiry to infinity!

Tested on Mac.

--
Dave Page