Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch#3389] To prevent unwanted model changes in Server dialog

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch#3389] To prevent unwanted model changes in Server dialog
Date: 2018-05-31 06:22:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello Victoria & Joao,

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <
jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hi Murtuza,
>
> We are having a hard time understanding the logic on the change.
>
> If tunnel_authentication is not on the model and the tunnel_identify_file
> is present, we change the tunnel_identify_file in the model to null? Is
> this what you mean?

​Yes, basically we make use of identity file only in case of tunnel
authentication​ is enabled (true/false).

The earlier logic was written in such way that if tunnel authentication is
set to disbaled/false then set the identity file filed value to empty
string in the model, But as you can see that tunnel authentication is by
default set to '0' in the model, so whenever user opens a edit/properties
dialog the identitiy files sets to empty string even if ssh tunnel is
disbaled. In my patch I choose to nullify the value instead of empty string
so that it will be easy on python side condition checking :)