Re: Function PostgreSQL 9.2

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com" <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Berend Tober <btober(at)computer(dot)org>, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Function PostgreSQL 9.2
Date: 2016-05-04 22:03:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:57 PM, drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com <drum(dot)lucas(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

>> 1) I just may be over-sensitive to this, but after Adrian Klaver referred
>> you to a ten-years old post that the above looks an awful lot similar too,
>> it sure would be nice to see some attribution
>> rather than claiming it as your own with "...what *I* did..."
>>

> I would expect a minimum of respect from the members of this list, but
> seems you got none. If someone would need my help, I'd never insult him/her
> like you guys are doing.
>
> If my questions are too "child" for you, please, do not answer them.
> Ignore the emails... Isn't that simple?
>
> Talking to me like you guys are talking, is what I call "a ten-years old
> post".

​I'm not sure is this was meant to be a play on words but the original use
of the phrase meant "a post written 10 years ago" - not that you are acting
like a 10 year old.

FWIW I didn't read any kind of "stealing of credit" in what you wrote - nor
likely did most people. That particular observation came out of left field.

David J.