Re: Database.Schema.Table

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jmz <mxav1111(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database.Schema.Table
Date: 2019-07-21 02:35:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Saturday, July 20, 2019, jmz <mxav1111(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Does any one know if database.schema.table syntax would make it to Release
> 12?

No. The lack of an entry in the beta release notes (or relevant
documentation) and probably the same error when attempting it on version 12
makes this clear.

There is no pending patch or even, IIRC, recent discussion on making this
potentially a thing. My understanding is the current architecture of the
product makes implementing such a capability prohibitively expensive in
terms of both time and risk.

David J.