Re: Posgresql 9.6.1 Bug

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Maphumulo, Ncebo" <nmaphumulo(at)fnb(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, DL - FNB Loans Infrastructure <DLFNBLoansInfrastructure(at)services(dot)firstrand(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Posgresql 9.6.1 Bug
Date: 2017-02-20 15:43:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Maphumulo, Ncebo <nmaphumulo(at)fnb(dot)co(dot)za>
wrote:

> Good Day
>

> Please see below the error that we getting after upgrading our PostgreSQL
> to 9.6.1 from 9.4. Please advise if we need a latest patch for the bug.
>

> We are getting the following when starting up JBoss with Postgres 9.6.1:

​Not our bug though we did change this behavior/structure in 9.6:

From the docs:

​https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/catalog-pg-am.html

"""
Note: Before PostgreSQL 9.6, pg_am contained many additional columns
representing properties of index access methods. That data is now only
directly visible at the C code level. However,
pg_index_column_has_property() and related functions have been added to
allow SQL queries to inspect index access method properties; see Table 9-62.
"""

I'm supposing the structure of pg_catalog objects are deemed implementation
details is why they lack of a release note compatibility item - though it
does show up in 3.3.12 of the 9.6.0 notes.

David J.