Re: BUG #14556: Sorry, Too many clients already

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: naveenallin(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14556: Sorry, Too many clients already
Date: 2017-02-20 15:31:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 1:24 AM, <naveenallin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 14556
> Logged by: Naveen Chalmeti
> Email address: naveenallin(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
> Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
> ​[...]​
>
> this query was executed three days before and remains unclosed.
>
> We are using unixODBC driver and enabled connection pooling for 5mins. I'm
> not sure whether this causing any problem.

​Usually this is an application bug, not PostgreSQL's​. If you wish for
help diagnosing posting to -general, with considerably more detail if not
an actual self-contained test case, is appreciated. Given that you are
programming with the ODBC driver an even more appropriate list would be
pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org as noted here : https://odbc.postgresql.org/

David J.