Re: Understanding conflicts on publications and subscriptions

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2024-07-30 14:33:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 30, 2024 at 7:16 AM Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> And if my understanding is correct: if a table doesn't have a replica
> identity, any UPDATE or DELETE statement that happens on the publisher, for
> that table, will be refused.

That is how I read the sentence "Otherwise those operations will be
disallowed on those tables."

Upon adding said table to a publication, future attempts to run updates and
deletes will result in failures in the transactions performing said DML.

Feel free to experiment that the behavior indeed matches the wording in the
documentation.

David J.